Our Physiotherapists are experienced and knowledgeable, focusing in:
- Acute injury care and rehabilitation
- Back & neck problems
- Joint and muscle problems
- Relief of headaches
- Ante and post-natal musculoskeletal dysfunction
- Sacroiliac and pelvic pain
- Continence retraining
- Pre & post operation for prostate surgery
- Rehabilitation post-surgery such as joint replacements
- Biofeedback for muscle retraining
- Ultrasound guided muscle retraining
- Spinal stabilisation programs
- Breast surgery rehabilitation
- Falls Risk Assessments
We encourage our patients to take an active role in their rehabilitation, so each patient will have an individually tailored exercise program to follow through at home. One of our goals is to prevent the development of movement problems through exercise programs.
Education and Training
- Osteoporosis Individual and small group exercises for osteoporosis.
(If taking part in Osteoporosis classes please review this document.)
- Post-Natal Pilates
- Back education and rehabilitation programs.
- Advice regarding gym programs.
- Talks to community groups and sports clubs.
- Advice on posture / ergonomics.
Digital Real-time Ultrasound
We use ultrasound as another tool to give you feedback as part of helping teach you how to more effectively contract the important muscles that stabilise the back, pelvis and hips. We are regularly attend professional development courses, so we can realise the full potential of the machine, for the benefit of patients with other conditions.
Current research has shown the importance of the stabilisation muscles of the trunk, in particular the deep neck flexor muscles at the front of the neck and the deeper layers of the abdominal muscles and deep back muscles.
Based on this research we have specific exercises for these muscles. After assessing your needs, we use the latest ultrasound or biofeedback techniques to tailor a program to care for your spine. The exercise program might include the use of Swiss (or Fit) balls, which help to develop flexibility, strength and balance. We have found them to be both fun and challenging for all levels of exercise.
Our Post-Natal Pilates Mat Classes are run by Kirrilly, a qualified Pilates instructor.
The Practice has been involved in an Australia-wide research project to assess the effectiveness of physiotherapy treatment for incontinence, you can be assured that we are at the leading edge in this field. The benefits of pelvic floor exercises for continence and assistance with prolapse are now well known – the controlled emptying of the bladder and bowel is of great importance to quality of life.
We understand how the normal processes work and have exercise programmes for the correct strengthening of pelvic floor muscles.